- Just have one or two CDs – it will drive your staff insane.
- Play Slade et al, if it wouldn’t suit your environment the rest of the year.
- Start too early, 1st December is ideal, last couple of weeks of November if your trading periods demand it
- Play popular tracks, your customers will want to sing-a-long.
- Also play some less well known songs, it’ll break the familiarity for your staff.
- Choose something brand-appropriate.
- Gradually increase the percentage of Christmas music week by week
- Sign up to Muzo
(sorry for the blatent plug but… a service from a professional company, who has already spent the time and money finding the largest most diverse selection of festive music out there will save you a massive headache this Christmas (as long as it’s not an eggnog induced one!)